Sunday, August 14, 2011


It has been way to long since my last post. Work has been busy and it has been way to hot and rainy to work on the camper. I am making a little progress with the title. I got the appraisal and working on the bond. I called secretary of state and they are sending the right packet of forms to fill out. They said it will take 6 weeks to get once they get the paperwork. I don;t think I will get it before the September Midwest Vintage trailer rally. I also ordered the drip rail from House of camping - should come in a week or so. I hope I got the right stuff. I also got the plywood for the floor and the VCT (vinyl composite tile) I was going to go with a checkerboard of white and gray, but Menards only had a blue gray in stock - not the right color I wanted. So I went with a white with brown specks. I think this will be a nice neutral floor. I found a place on line that can customize spray paint to the same color as regular interior paint, so I will get this for the pink. I still need to figure out the final exterior paint scheme.

Camper status - There is more water damage at the front and roof area on the drivers side, so I needed to take off the upper portion of the skin on the drivers side to see what needs to be replaced. I got the front window and skin off. Looks like I will have to replace all the birch in the front. I will most likely have to remove the next layer of skin on the front to repair some damage and I will most likely replace the 5 amber lights. As much progress I think I am making, I see that there is SO much more to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment