Today I took out the little refrigerator - Apparently it is both electric and propane. I have no idea if it worked. It was not connected by wiring or the propane connection so I am sure the previous owner stopped using it. I thought I would get a little bigger refrigerator and put it in the space of the oven/stove. It came out pretty easy and then I found a hole in the floor, wonder what that was for but it most likely allowed for mice to move in. I pulled up the bottom brace and found a lovely (not really lovely) mouse. I think that is where the slight smell is coming from.
I am still baffled about the steps to take next. I bought a small piece of 1/4" - 2'x4' birch sheet to do some panel replacing. Thinking the 1/4" is stronger but it will most likely throw things off, one being a little thicker than the other. So I will go to Fox lumber to get 3 or 4 sheets of the 1/8" birch. I was able to start replacing some rotted framing. I used my Kreg jig and it really helped things go smooth. So I got 6 pieces replaced. Feels good to have something actually fixed instead of more destruction.
I spray painted the Nomad sign, handle and the oval tag with a chrome paint. It came out OK - I think I will sand it and try one more coat
Things I have learned for the future:
- Get another drill - it would make it easier to have the Kreg bit in one and the screw bit in the other, instead or having to go back and forth.
- Get a power strip so each tool is plugged in - saw, drills, Dremel and even the jig saw if I need it.
- No need to pull tarp off completely - just pull it up on the side I am working on and find something better to hold it up - chunks of wood that fell off a few times, wasn't ideal.
- may actually use 1"x3" boards instead of the 1"x2"
-Remember to add wood glue before screwing together (not sure if I need to do this)