Monday, May 23, 2011

It started with an idea

So for the last two years I was thinking about purchasing a small vintage camper that I can pull easily behind my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I was thinking Airstream without researching and when I started looking - uh, those are not in my price range. I started searching online and came across Shastas, Scotty's, Field and Streams. I was looking on ebay and craig's list. I found a great website that got me even more addicted to Shasta's ( Then I cam across a 1960's Nomad Compact - which is really close to a Shasta Compact. I saw it on Sunday on Craig's list and had to call on it Monday morning. It was located in Kentucky, but from pictures it looked like it was in pretty good shape. He was asking 1,650.00 and I offered 1,500.00 - without seeing it in person - YIKES. I knew I would have to do some work. So on 4/18/11 I became the proud mama of this little gem.....







So the next step is to find out how to get her home. I could drive, one way is 6 1/2 hours. I spoke with the seller (Greg Wood) and he mentioned a company called uShip where you post a job to ship and people bid on it. The first bid had me meeting them in Elkhart, Indiana. We couldn't work out a meeting time, because I needed to borrow Pat or Mike;s truck to go get it. So I got another bid from Ty. We had agreed upon it arriving around 5/2 or 5/3. He had to go down to TN for some family business and got caught in some bad storms down south and had some other family issues, so it finally arrived on 5/13/11. When i got home from work I had some buyers remorse. There was more water damage than I knew about. It is small but really the perfect size for my first one. It rained all weekend so I couldn't do anything but clean a little. Lots to do - It will be so cute when I get done !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment