Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Work continues

I don't have pictures but work continues
I used oil based kilz to cover the water damaged tiles - to seal them
I did the same for under the sink and front cabinet - there was a smell that I couldn't get rid off, so I wanted to seal the order. Turns out it was the plywood piece that was under the stove. So I took that out and replaced with a new piece of plywood.
I added some insulation to the roof of the closet area
I thought the curved piece of birch would be easy to replace - uh, not so much. I had to cut it to install in two pieces. One is up and I am learning things aren't square - duh.
I added the front small birch piece above the window, added a horizontal piece of frame in the front, and started rebuilding the framing by the closet - this area is taking way more time and work than I thought it would.
Boy oh boy, I have so much work to do before I go on her maiden voyage on September 13th to the Midwest Vintage Trailer rally. Still waiting for the title to come in the mail.
I bought a GPS - Garmin Nuvi - my first one . Figured I will need it - off to charge it up

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

More Demo

I was working on the front and did more demo than I thought it needed. But in typical fashion, once I opened it up, the more work needed to be done. It is a little scary to see it in that condition. I know it will all be worth it in the end. No need to cut corners.I hope I can put it back together the right way - AHHHH !!!!

Sunday, August 14, 2011


It has been way to long since my last post. Work has been busy and it has been way to hot and rainy to work on the camper. I am making a little progress with the title. I got the appraisal and working on the bond. I called secretary of state and they are sending the right packet of forms to fill out. They said it will take 6 weeks to get once they get the paperwork. I don;t think I will get it before the September Midwest Vintage trailer rally. I also ordered the drip rail from House of camping - should come in a week or so. I hope I got the right stuff. I also got the plywood for the floor and the VCT (vinyl composite tile) I was going to go with a checkerboard of white and gray, but Menards only had a blue gray in stock - not the right color I wanted. So I went with a white with brown specks. I think this will be a nice neutral floor. I found a place on line that can customize spray paint to the same color as regular interior paint, so I will get this for the pink. I still need to figure out the final exterior paint scheme.

Camper status - There is more water damage at the front and roof area on the drivers side, so I needed to take off the upper portion of the skin on the drivers side to see what needs to be replaced. I got the front window and skin off. Looks like I will have to replace all the birch in the front. I will most likely have to remove the next layer of skin on the front to repair some damage and I will most likely replace the 5 amber lights. As much progress I think I am making, I see that there is SO much more to do.