Sunday, June 19, 2011

More Framing

Today I took out the little refrigerator - Apparently it is both electric and propane. I have no idea if it worked. It was not connected by wiring or the propane connection so I am sure the previous owner stopped using it. I thought I would get a little bigger refrigerator and put it in the space of the oven/stove. It came out pretty easy and then I found a hole in the floor, wonder what that was for but it most likely allowed for mice to move in. I pulled up the bottom brace and found a lovely (not really lovely) mouse. I think that is where the slight smell is coming from.



EEEWWWWWWWWW .................


I am still baffled about the steps to take next. I bought a small piece of 1/4" - 2'x4' birch sheet to do some panel replacing. Thinking the 1/4" is stronger but it will most likely throw things off, one being a little thicker than the other. So I will go to Fox lumber to get 3 or 4 sheets of the 1/8" birch. I was able to start replacing some rotted framing. I used my Kreg jig and it really helped things go smooth. So I got 6 pieces replaced. Feels good to have something actually fixed instead of more destruction.


I spray painted the Nomad sign, handle and the oval tag with a chrome paint. It came out OK - I think I will sand it and try one more coat

Things I have learned for the future:
- Get another drill - it would make it easier to have the Kreg bit in one and the screw bit in the other, instead or having to go back and forth.
- Get a power strip so each tool is plugged in - saw, drills, Dremel and even the jig saw if I need it.
- No need to pull tarp off completely - just pull it up on the side I am working on and find something better to hold it up - chunks of wood that fell off a few times, wasn't ideal.
- may actually use 1"x3" boards instead of the 1"x2"
-Remember to add wood glue before screwing together (not sure if I need to do this)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that looks like quite the project! From what I've seen so far it looks like you're rebuilding the whole thing. I'll have to go back and get caught up.

    The Tuckerbag

    ReplyDelete